A pinched nerve is a condition that occurs when a lot of pressure or strain is put on the tissue surrounding nerves, that will include your bones, muscles, cartilage, hence everything that is underneath that tissue. Pinched nerve in shoulder blade is very painful, it restricts/ hurdles particular movement. You feel excruciating pain. When a tissue in shoulder blade is put under a lot of intense pressure or because of bad posture, our nerve gets trapped hence the pinched nerve. This is not permanent. It interferes with the sensory impulses interaction between the brain and nerve. It is a very common condition.
What Causes a Pinched Nerve in Shoulder Blade?
- Leaning on elbows
- Habitual of crossing legs
- Poor Posture
- Heavy breasts
- Medical conditions, such as arthritis, weight gain, pregnancy, thyroid.
- Water Retention
- Repetitive activities, such as sitting at a desk in an office, using a computer.
- Overexertion of muscles
What are the Main Symptoms You Experience While having a Pinched Nerve in Your Shoulder?
- Pain: once you get a pinched nerve you are in for a lot of pain, excruciating and not ending pain until it is treated. There is also that burning sensation that doesn’t seem to go away. It’s like your shoulder is on fire. You get a muscle spasm.
- Weakness: You will feel weakness in your arms, and probably think you are coming down with something. But that’s not the case.
- Numbness and Tingling: You will not feel your shoulder at a time. Numbness and tingling feel like as if a part of the body is “asleep” and being pricked by “lots of pins and needles”.
- Difficulty/ Restricted movements: You cannot move your shoulder as you are used to. It feels like it’s been tied up or there is a burden that you can’t seem to shake off.
How can You Cure Pinched Nerve in Your Shoulder?
There are lots of options through which you can get help with your problem. You can choose whichever you are comfortable with.
- Correcting your posture: This may sound simple to you by just correcting your posture you can get rid of the pressure that keeps on building on your nerves.
- Remedies at home: There are lots of ways to instantly bring relief to your shoulder blade. Like using honey and cinnamon paste on the affected area soothes it.
- Resting: Sometimes getting a good rest releases all the pressure that forms on your muscles.
- Physical Exercise: If you are looking for a permanent solution to getting pinched nerves or even muscle spasm, you should start doing exercise.
- Hot and Cold Compresses: Applying hot and cold compresses on your shoulder blades give you relief.
- Medication: You can always get over the counter prescription for your shoulder. Like ibuprofen.
Once you know the causes that are responsible for the pinched nerve in shoulder blade you should try to avoid them. Simple as it is you should try to improve your living style. Drink a lot of water to keep your muscle from spasm. Do exercise, going to a gym regularly is in everyone’s priority, but you could always do some exercise at home.It will also improve your posture and make your life easier and there will be no more pinched nerve in you shoulders.
GD Star Rating