One of the most annoying and irritating moment for a woman is when there is a discharge before periods. It is among the questions that women frequently ask from their medical consultants. If this discharge is odourless, one doesn’t need to worry about it. Following are some types of discharges before periods. If you go through one of these, you must not worry.
- White Milky Discharge
- Thick white discharge
Sometimes women have such discharge due to ovulation. If this discharge seems to be thick and sticky, it is surely a sign of ovulation. Sometimes women experience this type of discharge before pregnancy, and sometimes these are early signs of pregnancy. This is also known by the name of leucorrhea. Sometimes it is odourless whereas sometimes there is a mild odour.
Thick White Discharge
This is one of the most common discharge before periods. It occurs due to a change in the menstrual cycle of a woman. A woman usually experiences this type of discharge before periods and it’s totally normal. This discharge is mainly from the cervix or from the uterus. It is not any type of virus or infection. It is simply because of congestion of the pelvis. A few days before you have your periods, menstruation cause a white leakage. It can be seen as leakage in the middle of a period. It is a common discharge and there is nothing to worry about.
Discharge Change into Infection
If the discharge is of light yellow colour or it has a green touch, then you might be suffering from abnormal discharge. Some of the most common infections faced by women are:
- Yeast infection
Yeast infection occurs as the result of sex, and sometimes without any particular reason. It’s appearance is somewhat similar to the cottage cheese. By taking proper medication the problem can be put to rest within a week.
This is caused by any type of sexually transmitted disease. It smells more like a rotten egg. One who is suffering from Trichomoniasis must take medicine at early stages.
Chlamydia or Gonorrhea occur when a woman experience discharge during the middle of the period. If a woman is not pregnant, then she needs to have tests for chlamydia and gonorrhoea. It is also a type of urine infection and there is a burning sensation when a person urinating.
When you have a light yellow or greenish discharge, ask your doctor about vaginosis as it can be a possible reason for early leakage.
How to Prevent Discharge before Periods?
Following are some of the useful methods from which a person may stop a discharge before periods:
- One can stop this discharge by maintaining a healthy diet. You need to keep the system on the track by keeping a balanced diet of nutritious elements and proteins.
- One should avoid products like petroleum jelly, vaginal lubricants and oils.
- One should wear a cotton underwear because other stuff might lead to sweating and block air, which can cause infections.
- Wipe out after urination and bowling with great care.
- If you are suffering from itching, don’t scratch it because it will increase the infection.
- Do not wear tight sports or exercise clothes. It will increase the risk of infection because of discharge at a frequent level.
GD Star Rating